none
DNS Configuration with AD... RRS feed

• Question

• I am setting up a WSP cluster to provide primarily Exchange hosting, but eventually Sharepoint and CRM as well.

I have an AD server an Exchange server and added a dedicated server for the WSP Enterprise Server and Portal functions.

I used the main domain that I want to use for this clusters as AD domain which I think may have been a mistake?

My issue is that I am trying to get a primary and secondary DNS server in place for WSP to use.  I am trying to make these separate from the AD server's DNS server, running the primary on the same server as WSP Enterprise and Portal, and a secondary on a another server that will ultimately provide the SQL backend for SP and CRM.  The secondary DNS server is not able to pull zones from the primary - I get a message that "The server with this IP is not authoratative for the required zone." when I try to set the Zone Transfer target to the secondary server.

Can someone please provide me with some best practices in terms of setting up DNS for WSP when the servers in the WSP cluster as all members of an AD and using the AD server for "internal" DNS?

Thanks!

- Max

Monday, January 3, 2011 7:34 PM

All replies

• This is not a WSP issue, rather than an issue of the DNS config of your servers. You have to configure master/slave servers.
    Greetings, menefre
    Monday, January 10, 2011 1:54 PM