none
UNRECOGNIZED DATABASE FORMAT ACCESS OLEDB CONNECTION RRS feed

• Question

• I have an  windows application. it works fine, suddenly today 2 of these computers have this error message below but all other 8 computers do not have this error.

************* Exception Text **************
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException (0x80004005): Unrecognized database format '\\wsnl00401\Nederland\Helmond DC Operations\Database\Outbound\Database\KPI_outbound\Tasks_Lines.accdb'.
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection)
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
       at Docks_Transport.Refresh_new_Docks_New.refresh_DocksDate_Inb_WH()
       at Docks_Transport.In_Docks_WH.In_Docks_WH_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• Edited by NaderHanna Monday, March 5, 2018 5:31 PM
    Monday, March 5, 2018 5:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi NaderHanna,

According to your description, it works on some machines and does not work on other 2 machines, I think that it is not a code issue, please check if these computers have the same settings, office, provider, etc. Based on your description, it seems that the database was not supported on your host. Please install Microsoft Office Connectivity tools on the machine and check if it works.

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:15 AM
  • Are you sure the database is not corrupt? I would open it in Microsoft Access and perform a compact and repair.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 3:04 AM
  • Hi Paul,

The database is not corrupt, <g class="gr_ gr_110 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="110" id="110">i</g> opened, it works fine.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:30 PM
  • I did it, but it still does not work.

I have 2007 AccessDB and 2016 accessDB

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:36 PM
  • Hi Paul,

The database is not corrupt, <g class="gr_ gr_110 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="110" id="110">i</g> opened, it works fine.

Are you using the 32-bit ACE OLEDB Provider or 64-bit? I would stick with 32-bit if possible.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 3:16 PM
  • I am using 32 bit

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 3:55 PM
  • I am using 32 bit

If this database is on a network could this be a user permissions error accessing the resource? I'm assuming the path to the database is correct and it has not been moved.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 7:45 PM
  • Hi Guys, I fixed it. I have setup DB engine for 2007 & 2016 32bit.

Thanks for your input.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:45 AM
  • Hi NaderHanna,

I am glad to know that you resolve the issue and thank you for share solution to us, please mark it as answer, it will be beneficial to other communities who have the similar issue.

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 12:56 AM
  • Good to know that, you have fixed the issue. 
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 6:06 AM