What is this msg : An Unhandled exception has occurred. Click here to reload the designer

Question

• Sometimes, when I click on the XAML in VS, I see this msg and the Page can not be shown. However, when I click on the link - Click here to reload the designer, I can view the page.  Does this have any impact on deployment to final device or others?

An Unhandled exception has occurred. Click here to reload the designer

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException
    [3352] Designer process terminated unexpectedly!

Thanks

Saturday, February 15, 2014 1:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    The designer doesn't have any impact with the deployment. If your application is running fine once you press the run button then you're safe .
    In the past I developed some application and it worked fine with the same error as I remember.

Regards,

Ibraheem Osama Mohamed | My Blog | @IbraheemOM | My Website

(If my reply answers your question, please propose it as an answer)

Saturday, February 15, 2014 1:00 PM
  • Hi,

That's a known issue. A lot of developers came accross this problem. And Sorry, no real workaround for you currently though.  Sometimes reloading the project helps. Also you can report bug to connect:

https://connect.microsoft.com/

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, February 21, 2014 7:42 AM
  • Thank you. Now I can move on. Thanks
    Friday, February 21, 2014 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    The designer doesn't have any impact with the deployment. If your application is running fine once you press the run button then you're safe .
    In the past I developed some application and it worked fine with the same error as I remember.

Regards,

Ibraheem Osama Mohamed | My Blog | @IbraheemOM | My Website

(If my reply answers your question, please propose it as an answer)

Saturday, February 15, 2014 1:00 PM
  • I really have no clue how to deal with these msg. It seems they never go away; it is like on and off kind of thing.

here is another one:

Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Remoting.RemoteException
    Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
       at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

That's a known issue. A lot of developers came accross this problem. And Sorry, no real workaround for you currently though.  Sometimes reloading the project helps. Also you can report bug to connect:

https://connect.microsoft.com/

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, February 21, 2014 7:42 AM
  • Thank you. Now I can move on. Thanks
    Friday, February 21, 2014 8:54 AM