Getting totals in a 2010 web report RRS feed

• Question

• I have 9 or 10 kiosks, each with a cash box.  Every morning I count each cashbox and enter it into a client database where I keep track of Bills, Coins & Checks.  My main table is Cashbox with an ID, the date, the location (linked to a location table), and Ones,Fives,Tens... Quarters,Dimes,etc.   I have Checks ( usually 3 or 4 per cashbox) in a separate table with ID, First & Last Names and CheckAmount (these are entered thru a subform on the main counting form).   In my client database, I can do queries to add up the checks per cashbox and then use that to add to my Bills (Ones+Fives+tens...)and Coins (Quarters+Dimes+Nickels...) to get a total.   How would I do this in a web report or query; it seems that all the good stuff has been stripped when you create a web database and is extremely restricting.   What I need to know is how to total the 3 or 4 checks in each cashbox b/4 adding it together with the bills & coins to put in a report or use a control or macro on the web report to total the checks when it is created.  Any way this can be done??

Thanx,  Gil

Friday, May 8, 2015 12:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>   How would I do this in a web report or query?

Based on my understanding, you are going to make a compute for some field in Access2010 Web Database. Access 2010 Web Database is quite different from Access desktop database, it will enable multiple users to interact with the database application from Web browser.

As far as I know, It’s impossible to create sql query to do some compute. But as a workaround, you could use Data Macro for your logic.

This is how Attaching Logic to Data Using Data Macros in Access 2010 Applications

Best Regards

Lan

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by L.Hl Monday, May 25, 2015 3:39 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2015 10:20 AM

All replies

• The more I've been thinking about this, the more I realize that a web database isn't a bonafide database at all ; it's just a way to show your data to the public. And so I think I understand that I need to do all my calculating and querying in my local Db with all its bells & whistles, and then dump the results to a table which I then sync thru my web database.   Is this a generally accepted method or process to go thru??  Anybody.

Thanx,   Gil

Friday, May 8, 2015 1:19 AM
  • Hi,

>>   How would I do this in a web report or query?

Based on my understanding, you are going to make a compute for some field in Access2010 Web Database. Access 2010 Web Database is quite different from Access desktop database, it will enable multiple users to interact with the database application from Web browser.

As far as I know, It’s impossible to create sql query to do some compute. But as a workaround, you could use Data Macro for your logic.

This is how Attaching Logic to Data Using Data Macros in Access 2010 Applications

Best Regards

Lan

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by L.Hl Monday, May 25, 2015 3:39 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2015 10:20 AM
  • Thanks Lan,   I have always used VB event procedures for all my behind the scenes figuring and manipulating because I thought macros were very limiting when I started to use them back in 2001.  They've come a long way since then; your link was very helpful.   Since Access Web databases don't allow event procedures, I guess I will be studying macros a lot more now.

Thanks again,  Gil

Monday, May 11, 2015 1:22 PM