Move Toolbar to the bottom in UWP with PlatformConfiguration (2.3.3) RRS feed

• Question

• User197061 posted

Trying out the new PlatformConfiguration on Xamarin.Forms 2.3.3-preview but moving the Toolbar to the bottom on UWP just doesn't want to work. Am I doing it wrong?

``` using Xamarin.Forms; using Xamarin.Forms.PlatformConfiguration; using Xamarin.Forms.PlatformConfiguration.WindowsSpecific;

namespace FormsToolBarDemo { public partial class MainPage:ContentPage { public MainPage() {

InitializeComponent();
            this.On<Windows>().SetToolbarPlacement(ToolbarPlacement.Bottom);
        }
    }

} ```

Saturday, November 5, 2016 5:48 PM

All replies

• User197061 posted

Also asked on StackOverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40484343/move-toolbar-to-the-bottom-in-uwp-with-platformconfiguration-xamarin-forms-2-3

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:24 AM
  • User197061 posted

Alright, after trying every possible combination of SetToolbarPlacement(ToolbarPlacement.Bottom), I found out a few things:

• Toolbar Placement can only be set application wide, not per page
    • Toolbar Placement can only be set on a NavigationPage

So what you can do, when you want to place the toolbar at the bottom, you can set it application wide by attaching the Toolbar Placement to the App classes MainPage property.

public App()
    {
        MainPage = new NavigationPage(new MainPage());
        MainPage.On<Windows>().SetToolbarPlacement(ToolbarPlacement.Bottom);
    }

Saturday, November 19, 2016 2:08 PM
  • User158184 posted

@Robin-ManuelThiel : Thank you! This is what I searched. I was wondering why the toolbar in UWP on Mobile suddenly was on the bottom. Now you can choose between bottom and top. Marc

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 3:26 PM