Blend bug: Multiple monitors can send blend into redraw loop RRS feed

• Question

• I discovered this when starting to use drawingBrushes.  I usually keep my Resources tab undocked on a second monitor, so that I can examine them constantly with my Properties up inside the Blend interface pretty much most of the time.  I flip to the project tab when needed, but compared to the other two, it is minimal.

Now that I have drawingbrushes rendering in my Resources panel, blend will FREQUENTLY, go into a redraw loop.  It will flicker, and then not respond, come back for a moment, and then not respond again. 

Using blend for a day with my resources docked, I have had ZERO issues.  The moment I undock it and move it to my secondary monitor, Blend eventually starts going into the loop again--every single time.  I've tested this in two different environments with equal results.

This is frustrating because now I have to dock my resources panel, effecting my productivity.  Two major glitches in one day making life fun and exciting!  :(
    Purkiss
    Friday, April 24, 2009 8:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of Blend are you using?

It would be great if you can share your project and a set of repro steps that seem to possibly cause this issue more frequently

Thanks!
    Jeetendra Kukreja [MSFT]
    Saturday, April 25, 2009 1:44 AM
  • Hello Jeetendra,

I'm using Expresion Blend 2 sp1 on Windows Vista sp1.

I'll attempt to create a replica (tiny) project that will hopefully generate the same problem.  I believe the issue occurrs when I am browsing my resource dictionary drawing brushes, which are each in turn layers of mildly complex vector graphics--Additionally, they are referencing separate colour stored in a colour/brushes resource dictionary.
    Purkiss
    Monday, April 27, 2009 6:23 PM