none
How to caliculate the codecoverage for an applcation that was hosted in windows azure RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

Our Applcation was hosted in windows azure and from the test prespective i need to caliculate the code coverage for the operations that we perform from the UI view and check the code coverage results.

Is there any mechanism to do that, also please let me know any existing tools are there to caliculate the codecoverage?

Thanks & regards

Chaitanya

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:32 PM

All replies

• Code coverage generally will be investigated in the developer emulator on local machines where all the tools for it are available (Visual Studio, Resharper,ncover,dotcover, etc.)

As far as runtime code coverage is concerned I only know of tools for Java code. If you know of  any .Net tools for this you should have no trouble usig them in Azure since it is no different than any other Windows Server hosting environment and there are many options for getting testresults back to on-premise.

Never miss the latest Windows Azure news on http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazure/

Friday, October 12, 2012 8:27 PM
  • Have you tried out NCover for this situation? NCover 4 supports runtime code coverage collection.

You would setup NCover Collector on each instance where you would like to collect coverage data, with a single Code Central server to sync all the data for analysis.

Peter Waldschmidt

Sunday, October 14, 2012 3:33 PM