Specflow Automated Test scenarios will not run on my PC in Visual Studio Professional 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project/solution that has several feature files containing automated Tests using gherkin syntax and selenium coding.  When I try to run any of these tests using the Test Explorer they will run, but then get stuck and do nothing; no result or failures.

When these same tests are run on a colleagues PC they run fine, however he is running VS2012.

Any ideas?

Friday, July 1, 2016 9:21 AM

Answers

• Hi  Stormdoodle,

Did you get this error message in your Output windows?

I got the similar problem before, there is no test in my test explorer. And in other mahcine my test can be executed successfully.

So please try to repair your VS or create a simple unit test to check whether you have the same problem.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Proposed as answer by lake Xiao Monday, July 18, 2016 7:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by lake Xiao Wednesday, July 20, 2016 7:49 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Stormdoodle,

Thanks for your post.

As far as I know. Visual Studio is not support to run these special automated tests by default.

Does you colleague install some other extension in his VS2012?

If not, I guess these tests are not compatible wiht VS2015. In this case, I think you have to use VS2012 to run these special automated tests.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, July 4, 2016 2:21 AM
  • Thanks for the reply

I should have made this point in my original post.

I have had the tests displayed and executing in VS2015 through the test Explorer in the past and I've made no changes since I got everything setup correctly.

However whichever project I select now none of the test cases appear in the test explorer, so I can't run them using that method.

Monday, July 4, 2016 1:18 PM
  • Hi Stomdoodle,

To validate whether the cause is in your Visual Studio. Please execute these tests using another Visual Studio.

Since you can execute these tests in your VS2015 in the past. Please try to clean and re-build your solution then run the case again.

In addition. If possible, please share us a example of your test case so we could reproduce the problem in our sides then we could better troubleshoot your issue.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Edited by lake Xiao Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:40 AM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2016 1:08 AM
  • Hi  Stormdoodle,

Did you get this error message in your Output windows?

I got the similar problem before, there is no test in my test explorer. And in other mahcine my test can be executed successfully.

So please try to repair your VS or create a simple unit test to check whether you have the same problem.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Proposed as answer by lake Xiao Monday, July 18, 2016 7:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by lake Xiao Wednesday, July 20, 2016 7:49 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 7:03 AM