Expression windows sharepoint services error help? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

The situation is this, i have created a website using expression web 2, i have now uploaded the site to the microsoft small business live web server where i have paid for a private and registered it's domain so its now live, however there is one slight problem:

When i go to open the live folder containing my website to edit some pages, i right click on the file then click edit which brings up expression web then displays a notification error saying
    "microsoft expression web does not support editing web sites based on windows sharepoint services or sharepoint team services"

and it wont load up the page in expression for me to edit it.

I am running windows xp prof using IE8

However if i use my windows 7 machine and go through the same steps as above i receive no notification and it allows me to edit and save the changes.

Any ideas what's happening here? as i really need this working on our xp professional machine

Cheers
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:33 PM

All replies

• How are you opening the site in the XP machine as compared to the windows 7 machine?

Expression Web MVP
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 10:23 PM
  • Thats the thing, i go through the exact same proceedure, i just log onto the ms small business live site, log in, and click my website folder which opens up a folder containing all my website files in it, yet there is no error message in win 7.

quite confused

Saturday, May 29, 2010 10:34 PM
  • With the site open on both machines, click Site > Site settings and compare the info displayed on the General tab.

Expression Web MVP
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 11:23 PM