How to sign Windows 8.1 App before submitting to store

Question

• Hello,

My Windows 8.1 App is now ready! and now I want to put in the store. But I found that app need to be signed before submitting to the store. I found several articles on msdn but I am still confused as in one of them it is written that:

" In this final step, we’ll sign the packages you submitted with a trusted certificate that matches the technical details of your developer account. This provides customers with the assurance that the app is certified by the Windows Store and hasn’t been tampered with. We’ll then publish your app packages to the Store, along with all of the other data that will be visible in your app listing page, so that millions of Windows 8 users will be able to find, acquire, and enjoy your app."

1>Where do I have to put my certificate?

2>Can you guide me how to sign app?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, October 06, 2014 5:28 AM

Answers

• When you select Create Package the wizard is doing this all for you. Just follow the wizard no need to be worreid about it. its all done for you

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

• Marked as answer by zee_patel Thursday, October 09, 2014 12:38 PM
    Wednesday, October 08, 2014 8:55 AM

All replies

• right click on your project in visual studio; go to store; create package and follow the wizard. The appxupload file can directly be uploaded to dashboard.

Monday, October 06, 2014 5:50 AM
  • Hello Dave,

Thanks for the reply,

But what about Self signed certificate. How to sign app with that. Do I need to put it at particular place ?

Monday, October 06, 2014 7:10 AM
  • when you  create a package this way it will downlaod the required certificate from the dashboard and sign it with that certificate. You cant use a self signed certificate to deploy your application in the windows store

Monday, October 06, 2014 9:21 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Thanks for reply,

Now I am getting more confused. I came to know that in manifest file inside Packaging tab there is option to choose certificate.

could you please tell me what is that for?. Is that option only for the app that are going to be deployed by side loading?

• Edited by zee_patel Monday, October 06, 2014 10:06 AM
    Monday, October 06, 2014 10:03 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Any updates?

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 8:50 AM
  • When you select Create Package the wizard is doing this all for you. Just follow the wizard no need to be worreid about it. its all done for you

• Marked as answer by zee_patel Thursday, October 09, 2014 12:38 PM
    Wednesday, October 08, 2014 8:55 AM