[UWP] [C++] How to generate a certificate for signing the app package RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to publish a new version of my UWP. Now my package is not accepted due to a wrong certificate. It is only the test certificate. I cannot remember that I have ever created a certificate by myself. Has this changed? And how can I create a certificate?

Thanks and regards,

Thomas

• Moved by Breeze Liu Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:36 AM store app
    • Moved by Mattew Wu Tuesday, December 19, 2017 8:28 AM
    Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:44 AM

Answers

• Hi milonass,

To publish your app to Store, you don't need to create a certificate yourself as Store will do this for you. You cannot use the test certificate _TemporaryKey.pfx to sign your package for Store submission.

What you need to do is to right-click your project and choose Store > Associate App with the Store so that all the identity info in your package will be the same as Dev Center. And it will give you a _StoreKey.pfx for code signing.

Currently, you just need to follow the steps in Create an app package upload file to generate your new package.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by milonass Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:01 PM
    Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:43 AM