none
Drivers for SQLServer emulated and synthetic network cards. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    We are running Hyper-V servers on our virtualisation server and trying to tie them all into Lab Centre environments to create isolated networks.
    We started off with Windows Server 2008 machines which worked fine, Both of the network cards that we installed worked connected to their respective networks and we had no trouble.
    When it came to creating an environment with a windows server 2003 box, the emulated network cards would not install properly. They appeared as a piece of unknown hardware in the device manager and I have not been able to find the drivers. I changed it to a synthetic network adapter, which installed properly, but would not connect to the environment's internal network. The DHCP, just gave it a PEPR IP address and it connected to nothing.
    if you can help me figure out how to get the correct drivers for the emulated cards installed or somehow help resolve the connectivity issue on the synthetic card then I would be most appreciative!
    I have tried to install the Integration components for 2003 and have manually installed the "Microsoft VSTS Network Emulation NDIS6 Driver" still it does not improve the situation.
    Can you offer any help, or any other things to try?
    Cheers
    Alex
    Monday, November 7, 2011 11:30 AM