Windows azure blob: the remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

>> One thing i changed is port on which blob storage was running now it's 10050.

May I know how you change the ports? From my experience, .NET storage client library hard codes the storage emulator ports to be 10000 to 10002. This can be verified by reading the source code on https://github.com/WindowsAzure/azure-sdk-for-net/blob/master/microsoft-azure-api/Services/Storage/Lib/Common/CloudStorageAccount.cs, in the GetDevelopmentStorageAccount method. If you change the ports in storage emulator's config file, then the client library cannot be used, the sample you pointed out uses the client library. I would like to suggest you to change the ports back, or manually use the REST API instead of the client library to work with the altered storage emulator.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>but after running it it throws run time exception at blobContainer.CreateIfNotExists();

I download this application and run well. This application use developer storage and use windows azure SDK 2.0. My system requirement (windows8.visual studio 2012. windows azure 2.1 SDK). In my opinion this error may caused by your SDK version. you can try to update your SDK then try again.

Hope it helps

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 11:37 AM
  • Hi,

>> One thing i changed is port on which blob storage was running now it's 10050.

May I know how you change the ports? From my experience, .NET storage client library hard codes the storage emulator ports to be 10000 to 10002. This can be verified by reading the source code on https://github.com/WindowsAzure/azure-sdk-for-net/blob/master/microsoft-azure-api/Services/Storage/Lib/Common/CloudStorageAccount.cs, in the GetDevelopmentStorageAccount method. If you change the ports in storage emulator's config file, then the client library cannot be used, the sample you pointed out uses the client library. I would like to suggest you to change the ports back, or manually use the REST API instead of the client library to work with the altered storage emulator.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 3:15 PM