none
Tests start but do not finish RRS feed

• Question

• We are attempting to perform WHCK certification on Windows 8 x64 with a driver we developed for accessing sensors. The "Concurrent Hardware And Operating System (CHAOS) Test (Certification)" and "Sleep and PNP (disable and enable) with IO Before and After (Certification)" tests start but do not finish.

We suspect that is related to our motherboard not completely supporting the S3 power state.  If we run “powercfg –energy” on the board, we have the following results:

Platform Power Management Capabilities:The S3 sleep state has been temporarily disabled by a system component.
    The computer may not transition to sleep when the following components are installed or tasks are ongoing.
    Microsoft Basic Display Driver or Microsoft Basic Render Driver               

Platform Power Management Capabilities:Supported Sleep States
    Sleep states allow the computer to enter low-power modes after a period of inactivity. The S3 sleep state is the default sleep state for Windows platforms. The S3 sleep state consumes only enough power to preserve memory contents and allow the computer to resume working quickly. Very few platforms support the S1 or S2 Sleep states.
    S1 Sleep Supported       false
    S2 Sleep Supported       false
    S3 Sleep Supported       false
    S4 Sleep Supported       true

Has anyone experienced this before?  It could also be related to the lack of Windows 8 drivers for the Intel D2700MUD motherboard.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 10:31 PM

Answers

• We moved the Windows 8 client from a Atom based D2700MUD to a Core i3-3220 on a DH61CR and the Sleep and PNP tests appear to be making progress.  This problem must be due to the lack of Windows 8 drivers from Intel on the Atom board.
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:19 PM

All replies

• How long does it stand unfinished ?
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 11:00 AM
  • We have let the test run through the weekend without any progress.

Sean

Friday, June 7, 2013 2:10 PM
  • Don't you have any BlueScreen or something ? Can you check the auto-restart after BlueScreen occurence option ? Then check your minidump files if the option was checked.

It'd be weird that the test's job just run Forever without delivering any error log.

Monday, June 10, 2013 6:56 AM
  • Hi,

I think while running this test at some point it will wake on from sleep at that time it may occur some problems in driver like its been initializing the driver(shows initializing for long time)..and so.. I am faced this type problem once then I uninstall and install the driver once and re-run may it works otherwise see any other possibilities..

Yesubabu Gude

Monday, June 10, 2013 8:35 AM
  • We moved the Windows 8 client from a Atom based D2700MUD to a Core i3-3220 on a DH61CR and the Sleep and PNP tests appear to be making progress.  This problem must be due to the lack of Windows 8 drivers from Intel on the Atom board.
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:19 PM