deployment and registration failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have started developping a  mobile windows 6 application, but at the moment of deployment i get this error message:

Deployment and/or registration failed with error: 0x8973190e. Error Writing file '%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\projectName\project.exe'.
    File: Device connectivity component

This happens only when I want to deploy the application on my device, while on the emulator it works just fine.

Is there a solution for this problem?? You're help is highly appreciated.
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This error occurs When you deploy the application to device from your IDE (Visual Studio).

When you deploy the application from IDE, you need to notice one meesage on device. Are you sure you want to run "youapplicationname.exe" is being copied.

Then you need press yes, so that your applicaion will be copied and run as usual.

If dont notice and ignore that message you get this error message.

Please let me know if you still get the same problem.

Regards,
    Malleswar
    Friday, May 1, 2009 10:24 AM
  • Hi hanane el yazidi,

First thing is that you have not mention here like CF version or your device name apart from that i will give you a suggestion for running/deployed your application in your device so you need to check in device your application in running state, if yes then you have to stop it. then deploying.

If not you have to install "SdkCerts.cab" file in your device then you are able to connect device with IDE.

Hope this may be help.

Pavan Pareta | If you find my post is helpful for you then mark as a answer.
    • Proposed as answer by WmDev Friday, May 1, 2009 11:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:07 AM
    Friday, May 1, 2009 11:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This error occurs When you deploy the application to device from your IDE (Visual Studio).

When you deploy the application from IDE, you need to notice one meesage on device. Are you sure you want to run "youapplicationname.exe" is being copied.

Then you need press yes, so that your applicaion will be copied and run as usual.

If dont notice and ignore that message you get this error message.

Please let me know if you still get the same problem.

Regards,
    Malleswar
    Friday, May 1, 2009 10:24 AM
  • Hi hanane el yazidi,

First thing is that you have not mention here like CF version or your device name apart from that i will give you a suggestion for running/deployed your application in your device so you need to check in device your application in running state, if yes then you have to stop it. then deploying.

If not you have to install "SdkCerts.cab" file in your device then you are able to connect device with IDE.

Hope this may be help.

Pavan Pareta | If you find my post is helpful for you then mark as a answer.
    • Proposed as answer by WmDev Friday, May 1, 2009 11:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:07 AM
    Friday, May 1, 2009 11:22 AM
  • 1. Why both replies are repeated twice in this thread?

2. I don't think they answer the problem. We got this problem twice. First time we had to remove the project from the solution, rename its folder, then essentially re-create the project (re-add its references + re-add source files) and then we were able to proceed.

However, the problem re-occurred and I don't want to re-apply the same tedious path again. Any better ideas to fix the problem?
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 2:43 PM
  • Hi Hanane,

I have the same problem. I noticed you had posted this and got a number of helps, so I wonder have solved your problem? If you did, please post it out how you did it, that I can learn it from you. Thanks!

Fishing Coder
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 12:45 PM
  • Hi fishing Coder,

When you're deploying your app to your mobile device, a message appears in your device, if you do not respond by clicking 'yes' within a limited period of time, you get this error. So keep an eye on your device when deploying. And if this doesn't work, and you're still getting this error, check if your application is not already running. As you know, closing the form of your application doesn't stop it, it just hides it, so you need to stop it manually, or set the 'MinimizeBox' of your form to 'false'.

Anyway, that's how I fixed it, Hope it helps u!
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 4:22 PM