Custom Control using Wzard Control RRS feed

• Question

• User439943383 posted

Hi

I have been building a page with a wizard in it, no problems there. The thing is that the wizard control will need to be added in numerous loactions within an aplication. So I would like to make a control of the wizard then use that, like an old fashioned #include I guess.

If someone can tell me the best way to do this and steer me in the right direction I'll appreciate it.

Thanks!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 11:23 PM

Answers

• User698394135 posted

you dont need to use old fashioned way to do this, If you want to include a user control on a page at design time the you should put following line on the top of ur aspx page.

<%@ Register Src="MyWizard.ascx" TagName="MyWizard" TagPrefix="uc1" %>

and repeat the following line whereever you want this user control on the page.

<uc1:MyWizard ID="ucMyWizard" runat="server" />

otherwise you can open your aspx page in design mode and you can drag and drop that user control on the page.

hope this help

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 10:30 AM

All replies

• User698394135 posted

you dont need to use old fashioned way to do this, If you want to include a user control on a page at design time the you should put following line on the top of ur aspx page.

<%@ Register Src="MyWizard.ascx" TagName="MyWizard" TagPrefix="uc1" %>

and repeat the following line whereever you want this user control on the page.

<uc1:MyWizard ID="ucMyWizard" runat="server" />

otherwise you can open your aspx page in design mode and you can drag and drop that user control on the page.

hope this help

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 10:30 AM
  • User439943383 posted

Thanks aa

Actually I'd been playing with "server controls" and just couldn't see how to achieve what I needed. Then you tipped me off by using "user control", and it's all good.

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:29 PM