none
The Save failed due to out of memory or disk space. RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting below error while saving the document.

"The Save failed due to out of memory or disk space."

OS     : Windows XP

Word  :Word 2007 SP2

if anybody have the solution please let me know?

Thanks in advance

Antony
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:47 AM

All replies

• The usual suspect is when this message occurs is a bad filename or path. Check this article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177506

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:31 AM
  • Thanks,

No special chearecters found as listed in the above link.

I tried to saveAs to new location with new file name. Even though the same error shows.

Antony
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:04 PM
  • How has the document been created and what's in it? The location(s) where you have tried to save the file, is it a local drive or a shared drive.

What automation language are you using? VBA, VB.Net, C#

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:25 PM
  • Thanks for Your Reply.

Its Just a article,Contains Text,table,custom XMLNodes and Bookmarks.

We used VBA for Automation.

Antony
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:42 PM
  • Antony, how about the problem on your side? Have your resolved it yet? Please refer to this kb article to see whether this can help you:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954576

Hope this can give you the hint.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Monday, November 28, 2011 9:26 AM
  • Hi Bruce,

Unable to install the file. it shows following error

"expected version of the product not found on the system".

Is there any way to identify the problem with WordXML.

Please advise..

Antony
    Monday, November 28, 2011 11:50 AM
  • Antony, it seems difficult to reproduce the scenario on my side? Would you please share us with your VBA code snippet? I will try to see whether it can be reproduced on my side in the my Virtual machine?

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:50 AM
  • Hi Antony,

Did you tried chaning your NIC speed?

Thanks

Kimtu

Friday, December 9, 2011 4:13 PM
  • Although you may have this issue resolved by now, I think I found a simplier answer.  Since I'm not a Techie or IT person, this may not work for you, but it worked for me. 

Background:

I had a large Word file that I had previously saved by the same name and in the same location.  Then after working on the file for about 30 minutes, I encountered the same "save failed - out of memory" error.  After trying to save the file with a different name in the same location, then in a different location with the same name and finding that neither of those solutions worked, I went to the MS website's knowledge base and read that the problem could have something to do with a firewall within my security software.  I then contacted the provider of the software and the representative uninstalled and reinstalled the security software.  Needless to say, I lost all of the changes I had made to my document.  When I reopened the document after the reinstallation of the software, I typed one character and clicked Save and did not receive the error.  I thought my problem was resolved.  I continued to work in the document for another 10 minutes and then clicked Save on to receive the error message again.

Solution:

I saved the document in Word 2007 format!  Previously, I was saving the document in 97-2003 format.  I have made numerous edits to the document (saving frequently) and have not encountered the problem thus far.  Hopefully this works for you.

• Proposed as answer by critichu Friday, May 4, 2012 2:10 PM
    Sunday, April 8, 2012 4:31 AM
  • ^THANK YOU!!!! this worked. You just saved me 20 min of frustration.
    Monday, August 5, 2013 2:06 AM