none
Project Server 2010 Event Handler RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on OnPublished event handler that will update one custom field of a project based on change in another field.

I am getting an error

Event Handler for event \ProjectPublished\ of type \PS.UpdateProjectStatusChangeDate.EventHandlerUpdateField\ threw an exception: ProjectServerError(s) LastError=CICOCheckedOutToOtherUser Instructions: Pass this into PSClientError constructor to access all error information

This is the code

//loading project data from server
                //Every change on this dataset will be updated on the server!
                ProjectDataSet projectDs = projectClient.ReadProject(projectId, projectSvc.DataStoreEnum.WorkingStore);

foreach (projectSvc.ProjectDataSet.ProjectRow row in projectDs.Project)
                {
                    if (row.PROJ_SESSION_UID != null)
                    {
                        sessionId = row.PROJ_SESSION_UID;
                        break;
                    }
                }
               //send the dataset to the server to update the database
               bool validateOnly = false;
               Guid jobId = Guid.NewGuid();
               projectClient.QueueUpdateProject(jobId, sessionId, projectDs, validateOnly);

Unlike other answers where we are running the code when the project is in checked-in state, we are checking-out and assigning new SessionID.
    But when the event handler fires, the project is already is checked-out. So how do I get the SessionID?

I think that is where the code is breaking.

Any help will be appreciated.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi To all,

I am also facing the same issue

i am getting sessionid

but when updating project while onsaved event getting same problem my code is similar to above code

error:ProjectServerError(s) LastError=CICOCheckedOutToOtherUser

any help will useful to me

thanks in advance

SENA

Friday, August 1, 2014 11:04 AM
  • Hi

Either you need to perform the operation on the same session with impersonation or you need to do a force checkin and checkout for your session for an update.

--Hope this helps

Thanks --Ajith

Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:31 PM