none
[E2007/E2010/Exchange-Online] [EWSMA 1.1] [VB.Net]: [Converting WEBDAv to EWS API] RRS feed

• Question

• I am converting an application from using WEBDAV to the new EWS API 1.1. This is a product that we sell so we have a lot of people running it. We currently support Exchange 2003/and 2007.  By design we store the HREF and the repl-uid of each item. These are then used when updating or deleting the items in exchange. Each item in exchange is also tagged with the KeyID from our database, meaning that the exchange item has knowledge of the record that it is tied too. This was done by adding a field in the http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/ space called KeyID.

Moving forward we plan on supporting Exchange 2007/2010, doing away with WEBDAV. As part of the upgrade process to the new version I need to discover the ItemID of any item that was sync'd with the old version. Again I have the HREF, repl-uid and the KeyID currently stored per item.

How might I go about updating the items stored in my database with the new ItemID?

Note, we will have customers that are upgrading their Exchange Servers as part of this process. Some that are skipping 2007 entirely.

Thanks Rob

Microsoft guys, what are my options?

Monday, January 31, 2011 2:48 PM