none
View Filter Option Count RRS feed

• Question

• I require another Filter Option for the SharePoint List View so that it shows 25 items based on ID (First Filter Option). I am not looking for [Today]-Number of Days. 

Please suggest.

Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:22 PM

All replies

• How to display top 30 in a list view to avoid threshold limit.

Monday, January 20, 2020 8:21 AM
  • Hi ghsajith, 

To display top 30 in a list view , you can sort by id ascending order, then limit the total number of items returned to 30:

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, January 20, 2020 8:32 AM
  • I get the following error when I do the above step for the view.

Monday, January 20, 2020 9:40 AM
  • Hi ghsajith, 

Don't sort by id, just limit the total number of items returned to 30 and compare the results. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, January 20, 2020 9:46 AM
  • I get the same threshold error for the view.
    Monday, January 20, 2020 11:37 AM
  • Hi ghsajith, 

How many items exists in your list? Exceed 5000 items?

Manage large lists and libraries in SharePoint for your reference:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/manage-large-lists-and-libraries-in-sharepoint-b8588dae-9387-48c2-9248-c24122f07c59#ID0EAABAAA=Server

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 2:55 AM
  • The list item exceeds 5000 items. For that reason I want to use limit the total number of items returned to 30 .

I need one view which will fetch information Year 2018,2017,2016 etc. If I use Created = [Today]-365, I will get only one year. Because of this, I want to use limit the total number of items returned to 30.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 6:27 AM
  • Hi ghsajith, 

I am not very understanding your solution.

If you need one view which will fetch information Year 2018,2017,2016 etc. Why not use Created is greater than [Today]-1095? Why limit the total number of items returned to 30?

Don't  limit the total number of items, I suggest you creating a filtered view with a column index in the large list.

Creating a filtered view with an indexed column is a two-step process: create an index for a column and then create a view that uses the indexed column to filter the view.

When you create a filtered view, make sure that the first column in the filter expression is indexed and that the single filter expression that refers to the indexed column does not exceed the List View Threshold.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:14 AM
  • If I try to  fetch information Year 2018,2017,2016 etc and use Created is greater than [Today]-1095, it shows the threshold error.

I want to limit  total number of items returned to 30 for the associated lists (Request Tags, Logs  etc) , because I want to use this view for Custom Form for another list (Request List).

I hope you understand my scenario.

• Edited by ghsajith Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:34 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:34 AM
  • limit  total number of items works independently. But it is not working along with Filter. 

Any suggestion

• Edited by ghsajith Monday, January 27, 2020 1:29 PM update
    Sunday, January 26, 2020 7:15 AM