Cross Browser support in Visual studio and Coded UI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are using coded UI for automating our existing websites which were predominantly running on IE browsers. We are now looking to test in various browsers like (Chrome, Firefox and Safari) latest versions.  We found the selenium extension useful in this case but its not available for  Safari as of now. We now need to decided whether we can stick with Coded UI or proceed with Selenium completely. 

Any inputs on the same would be really help.

Friday, January 6, 2017 9:55 AM

All replies

• Hi My friend,

According to your description, if you want to test your code in various browsers, I suggest you had better use selenium.

Coded UI only support recoding with IE, and play back in different browsers with selenium. But there are some compatibilities problems between latest version of browsers and selenium in coded UI. So if you want to test you script against different browsers, I suggest you could use selenium.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Oscar_Wu Monday, January 9, 2017 7:29 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Oscar_Wu Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:53 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 7:28 AM