none
What is isDirty or what is the definition of dirty RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Often isDirty refers to an item that has unsaved changes.  For example, see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/gg583879%28v=office.14%29.aspx
    Tuesday, February 9, 2016 8:36 PM
  • How is it related to the current forum?

The OOM (nor Extended MAPI) doesn't provide such properties. I'd suggest asking common programming questions on the Visual C# forum instead (or most appropriate to your programming language).

You may consider using the Saved property of Outlook items. It returns a Boolean value that is True if the Outlook item has not been modified since the last save.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:17 PM
  • How is it related to the current forum?

The OOM (nor Extended MAPI) doesn't provide such properties. I'd suggest asking common programming questions on the Visual C# forum instead (or most appropriate to your programming language).

You may consider using the Saved property of Outlook items. It returns a Boolean value that is True if the Outlook item has not been modified since the last save.

This is absolutely relevant to Outlook.  As per the link  posted above --

"Outlook supports a dispidFDirty dispatch ID that corresponds to a property in an Outlook item, which specifies whether the item has been modified but has not been saved. To access that property, use the dispidFDirty dispatch ID to invoke that property. In managed code, call the InvokeMember(String, BindingFlags, Binder, Object, []) method, passing the item object and expressing dispidFDirty as a string argument that represents the property to invoke. In C++, call the IDispatch::Invoke method."

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:56 PM
  • First, I have read the article and know what OOM provides. The Saved property can be used instead of accessing hidden members by using dispatch IDs.

Second, I don't see anything like that in the original question. It is only your imagination. Can you help me to find the isDirtry property in the OOM?

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:08 PM
  • The original question asked "What is isDirty...".

Since when is the Outlook Developer Forum restricted to the OOM?

• Edited by RLWA32 Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:27 PM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:23 PM
  • It is even not "restricted" to Outlook :)

This is a common programming question. Or do you know where I can meet the isDirty property?

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:49 PM
  • The local tavern is always a good possibility. :)
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 5:08 PM
  • Hi bthumber,

>> What is the definition of something be dirty? Like SendDirtyMessage()?

I agree with Eugene, there is no dirty or SendDirtyMessage in Outlook Object model. Which application you develop?

I agree with RLWA32 on isDirty refers to an item that has unsaved changes.

If you still have any issues about this, it would be helpful if you could share us more information about your issue.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 15, 2016 8:12 AM