TF400013: An unexpected database error occurred. Contact your Team Foundation Server administrator. (Code: 208)TFS 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I see the below error message which is very  strange seen only in single team project under a Project Collection, whenever i click on the Work tab, also seen on the entire web page(basically for the workitems)

TFS version: TFS 2012.(Update 3)

Database: SQL server 2008 R2

TF400013: An unexpected database error occurred. Contact your Team Foundation Server administrator. (Code: 208)

Any advice please

Thanks,

Manio

Monday, May 5, 2014 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The issue occurs to only a particular team project under a Project Collection other team projects under the same collection looks fine.

Recently i tried creating a new Team Project in the same Project collection but due to some other reason project creation failed and changes were roll backed  by itself soon after this i started getting the above error for a team Project.

Again i tried the team Project creation(With Same name for the team project as previously which failed) under same collection  and this time it succeeded , soon after this the above error disappeared, any advice for this behavior please?

TFS version: TFS2012 with Update3

VS Version: VS 2012 Ultimate Update 3

Thanks,

Manish

• Marked as answer by Cece Dong Thursday, May 8, 2014 1:40 AM
    Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:29 AM
  • Yes the error disappeared after  creating a successful  team project  under same collection strange behavior have you seen this kind?

No i didn't clean any cache files.

After  searching few more blogs i found  saying this is a bug  with TFS 2012 update3 and therefore should be upgraded to update 4. Read More:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2872520

This Update 4 fixes many bugs one of them is what we have seen so far.

• When you delete a team project, you may receive the following error message when you perform create, read, update and delete operations for workitems:

TF400013: An unexpected database error occurred. Contact your Team Foundation Server administrator. (Code: 208

)

Thanks

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Manio,

Thanks for your post.

Is there any difference between this particular team project and other team projects?

Have you ever deleted a team project?

What's the edition of VS you are using?

According to this feedback, which mentioned the issue has been fixed by a upgrade. Please try to upgrade your TFS 2012 Update 3 to TFS 2012 Update 4, and also upgrade your VS to VS 2012 Update 4.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 9:11 AM
  • Hi,

The issue occurs to only a particular team project under a Project Collection other team projects under the same collection looks fine.

Recently i tried creating a new Team Project in the same Project collection but due to some other reason project creation failed and changes were roll backed  by itself soon after this i started getting the above error for a team Project.

Again i tried the team Project creation(With Same name for the team project as previously which failed) under same collection  and this time it succeeded , soon after this the above error disappeared, any advice for this behavior please?

TFS version: TFS2012 with Update3

VS Version: VS 2012 Ultimate Update 3

Thanks,

Manish

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:29 AM
  • Hi Manish,

Did you mean the error has gone after creating a successful team project?

Have you clean the cache files? Maybe the cache files did the trick.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 6:11 AM
  • Yes the error disappeared after  creating a successful  team project  under same collection strange behavior have you seen this kind?

No i didn't clean any cache files.

After  searching few more blogs i found  saying this is a bug  with TFS 2012 update3 and therefore should be upgraded to update 4. Read More:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2872520

This Update 4 fixes many bugs one of them is what we have seen so far.

• When you delete a team project, you may receive the following error message when you perform create, read, update and delete operations for workitems:

TF400013: An unexpected database error occurred. Contact your Team Foundation Server administrator. (Code: 208

)

Thanks

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 9:26 AM