BitBucket limits number of deployment integrations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently worked with tech support at Microsoft and Atlassian to discover why some of our BitBucket continuous integrations were not automatically triggered. We discovered that BB would only trigger the first 8-10 listed deployments on a repository.

We attempt to run about 20+ integrations off one repo, which the Atlassian tech said they hadn't seen before (5 websites * (prod + test + multiple 'branch' environments) = lots of deployments).

Explanation from Atlassian tech:

"I was able to confirm that the post service does run all the tasks for a repo sequentially. It also has an overall timeout of 30 seconds - once you hit the timeout of 30 seconds all the ones after that will fail. Based on how many post hooks are in that repo, this seems like a likely culprit."

I suggest Microsoft updates BitBucket integration to use webhooks, as Atlassian are deprecating service hooks. This may fix the issue, or will be more likely to be fixed in the future.

Thanks.

Friday, June 17, 2016 12:01 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the info.   Indeed, we are aware of the limitation (30s timeout for all triggers see this).   We are working on using the new Webhook.

Suwatch

Friday, June 17, 2016 6:31 AM