Please help me understand different storage account types, durability options and pricing RRS feed

• Question

• I have around 20TB worth of documents in our imaging system (jpg, pdf, etc.) that I'd like to begin storing in Azure.

We require having at least two copies of the data in different physical locations, ZRS would work fine for this.

However, I'm confused by the pricing calculator and how this works.  Everything I've read states that ZRS is only available for block blob storage, however, the only way I can make the ZRS option available is by using "General purpose storage" account rather than a Blob storage account.

Using the pricing calculator the cost per GB is significantly higher on General Purpose accounts rather than Blob storage.

Saturday, June 24, 2017 5:20 AM

All replies

• Azure Storage is the cloud storage solution for modern applications that rely on durability, availability, and scalability.

For more information on Azure Storage pricing and subscription; Refer to the below mentioned link: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/pricing/details/storage/

Billing and Subscription team would be the best to provide more insight and guidance on this query, It’s free, and it's the best choice for this issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Saturday, June 24, 2017 12:02 PM