Testing Windows 8 app for contest RRS feed

• Question

• I'm helping to build an app for the First Apps contest and trying to test it on "non developer" machines. When attempting to install my Metro style app on a machine running Windows 8 Developer Preview with no developer tools installed, I receive the following message:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFF, Installation of
    this application requires a Windows Store Developer License or enterprise-qualified client
    Deployment of package
    cf9c0272-32ef-4e8d-a9c1-60780555c6e1_1.0.0.5_neutral_neutral_w98heab7yx5ny
    [Package Full Name] was blocked because no valid policy or license could be applied to it.

While I understand the reason for this error message, I was wondering if there is any way around this with the current build as we can only build packages that are to be used locally.  Specifically, I'm asking in regards to the First Apps contest and wondering if there will be any issue with my package as I am only able to install it on a Windows 8 Developer Preview build that has the developer tools installed.

The information on the First Apps contest indicates that the judges will be evaluating each app on both a Samsung Windows Developer Preview PC and a laptop, but there is no indication if either (or both) of these systems will have the developer tools installed as current packages.

Am I correct to presume that either these systems will have a Windows Store Developer License installed or they will have dev tools installed so as to make the issue moot  (and we can only test on Win8 Dev Preview machines with developer tools installed) ?

Thanks,
    Nino

Please remember to mark replies as answers if they help you.
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Nino,

The systems that the judges use for the contest will have the Windows Store Developer License installed.

Thanks,

Dawn

Friday, January 6, 2012 8:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Nino,

The systems that the judges use for the contest will have the Windows Store Developer License installed.

Thanks,

Dawn

Friday, January 6, 2012 8:26 PM
  • hi Dawn,

I meet the same issue.

I use Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 RC for Windows8 built AppPackages,then use powershell add the package to another PC, the two PCs I use the same Windows Live ID logon in.

How can I resolve the issue?

Thanks,

carrie

Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:20 AM