no API available to extract or create a archive with password in windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Unfortunately in Windows store 8.1 there is no API available to extract  or create a archive with password ,at least this what i find out after a lot of recherche on the web,

And because this is very important for us to find out something, we created a package on nuget.org that works like magic. Basically we manage to create/extract archive with password but sadly this does not pass the certification Kit evaluation.

http://www.nuget.org/packages/DotNetZipforWindows8.1/

I wonder if Microsoft team can help us to get this API pass the test.

this is what i get in the certification Kit evaluation

Thursday, June 5, 2014 1:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Windows Store apps can use  methods available in the .Net Framework for Windows Store apps. They cannot use other .Net classes such as System.Security. For cryptography check out the Windows Runtime classes in the Windows.Security.Cryptography namespace.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br230302.aspx#securitynamespaces for more mappings between .Net and Windows Runtime functionality.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:59 PM
  • Thank you Rob for your replay

but can you suggest any Api or library can offer a way to create a archive with password in windows 8.1 apps???

Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:24 PM
  • There is no in-box API for that. You will need to either implement it yourself (building on supported API) or find a third party who has already done so.
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:28 PM
  • this is what i find out Rob :(

can you please suggest any third party api ?

Thanks

Kais

Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:33 PM
  • No, I cannot. Sorry.

Try your favourite search engine, or somebody else from the community may be able to provide a suggestion.

--Rob

Thursday, June 5, 2014 7:13 PM