Web Application migration from Win XP to Win 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have a web based software application that performs data read and write on a database. This software has been developed in ASP, C++ and VB. The database is Oracle 9i. The software currently works on Windows Server 2003. We plan to migrate this software from Win 2003 to Windows Server 2008 R2. I am working on an estimation for this migration for which I need to understand the possible migration issues. For now the database is out of scope.

I plan to read the "Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Application Quality Cookbook v1-10.docx" and also go through the technical specifications of Windows 2008 R2 to identify the major differences between the two operating systems.

I am not a well versed web applicaiton developer so can anyone help me with -

1. IIS compatibility issues between Win Server 2003 and Win Server 2008 R2.

2. ASP based Web Application compatibility issues between Win 2003 and Win 2008 R2.

3. Any other information/experience that could be helpful in this web based software migration?

Regards,
    Santosh Pillai

• Moved by Jie Bao Tuesday, March 1, 2011 9:32 AM (From:Application Compatibility for Windows Development)
    Monday, February 28, 2011 1:33 PM

All replies