none
Add a project template in Package. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a user experience for creating custom workflows inside VS as a custom package. The behavior would essentially be the same as a workflow project, but I'd want to limit the types of activities available in the toolbox, and probably change the properties and commands. Certainly add menu commands. I'd need a custom project template and maybe some custom project item templates as well.

The template I probably can create with the export template function in Visual Studio. I'd create a workflow project which does what I want it to do, then export that as a template. 

I could use some advice on what would be the best approach. For example, should I create a new project type (based on Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package.ProjectNode), a project sub type, or is the template enough?

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 2:12 AM

Answers

• You should look at policy files. These will restrict which kinds of controls can be dropped onto a form, and some other activities within VS.

Craig
    Thursday, December 8, 2005 7:19 PM

All replies

• You should look at policy files. These will restrict which kinds of controls can be dropped onto a form, and some other activities within VS.

Craig
    Thursday, December 8, 2005 7:19 PM
  • Thanks, Craig, I'll do that.

What about using the create template from project wizard to create a template zip file and then using that as the template for a project flavor. I am having some difficulty wrapping my head around how this would work.

Thanks again, Don.
    Thursday, December 8, 2005 7:25 PM