Startup\ Shutdown Scripts don't run.... RRS feed

• Question

• I've got some new HP T5570s and they do not run Startup or Shutdown scripts. (No testing has been done with log on and log off).

I've turned off the write filter, renamed the device, commit and reboot, added to the domain, moved to the correct ou, rebooted....At this point it applies the security policy and gets to the part of running the startup scripts then goes to the logon screen. Startup scripts are set to run visible but it never appears, even if I put pause right at the top of the script.

This script works on some of the older thin clients no problem (XPEmbedded t5630). I removed the script completely and put in a basic “if exist” create this file, I’ve created a new OU, A new policy with nothing but the startup script, I’ve tried executing the script from the local policy and all the files locally to rule out any issues executing from UNC paths or from within policies.

Resultant set of policy shows the script and all the other settings from the policy appear to be applying ok. For a process we can easily run on a device straight out the box I do not want to start managing images with HP Device manager.

I've tried adding the reg key to increase userenv logging this doesn't seem to do anything.....process monitor doesn't show anything obvious up.

I've also downloaded and installed the latest build from HPs web site. I have a feeling this is something really stupid i've overlooked.

Any help is really appreciated.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:00 PM

Answers

• Download the historical image from October 2010 - That works

Type: Operating System - Enhancements and QFEs
    Version: 5.1.910 Rev. A (31 Oct 2010)
    Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 2009
    File name: sp50344.exe (573 MB)
    • Marked as answer by Wigsy Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:58 AM
    Friday, August 26, 2011 4:10 PM

All replies

• Still no progress with this....It has been logged with HP.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated....

Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:15 PM
  • Can someone confirm that startup and shutdown scripts are actually supported and not restricted in some way.

HP are saying this is a customisation and out of their remit. Thanks!

Friday, August 26, 2011 1:51 PM
  • Download the historical image from October 2010 - That works

Type: Operating System - Enhancements and QFEs
    Version: 5.1.910 Rev. A (31 Oct 2010)
    Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 2009
    File name: sp50344.exe (573 MB)
    • Marked as answer by Wigsy Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:58 AM
    Friday, August 26, 2011 4:10 PM