none
Web.config file in VSTO - where? RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to add Azure Active Directory authentication to a VSTO, having already done so with a mobile application

I found some sample code for WPF .NET which talks about adding the relevant info to a web.config file

VSTO doesn't appear to have one of these - is there another method I should use?

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:46 AM

Answers

• Turns out I didn't need it, the code I already had for native mobile app worked with only one minor amendment to PlatformParameters
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:33 AM

All replies

• Hello,

AFAIK, there is no web.config file for VSTO projects. After researching, i think you could use Office 365 APIs in your project.

The following links might be helpful.

Integrate Office 365 APIs into .NET Visual Studio projects

Next Generation Office 365 Development with APIs and Add-ins

If you have any issues, i suggest you post on Office 365 for Developers forum or Azure AD forum.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:18 AM
  • Turns out I didn't need it, the code I already had for native mobile app worked with only one minor amendment to PlatformParameters
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:33 AM
  • Hello,

We are glad that your issue has been resolved. I suggest you mark it as answer to close this thread.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:38 AM