none
Test case cloning:- changes in derived tests impacts the main test case. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In this scenario i have imported some test cases from Test suite A to Test Suite B. Now when i made some chnage in test cases of test suite B, the test cases of Test suite a also get modified.

After investication i found that the Ids used in these test cases were same, that may be the reason for this behaviour. But if this the case then what is use of this feature?

Then i have tried using "Create copy and add to suite" option which appear on right mouse click done on the selected test case. By using this option i was able to achieve my target, later i discovered that this option dose not provide bulk copy option ?

Can some one Help me with the proper procedure to copying bulk test case from one suite to another but should not impact the orginal test case ?

Thanks in advance

Sarveshk
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:40 PM

Answers

• Each test case is a work item in TFS, and MTM is a tool to work with test cases in an easier way (and with some additional functionality)

The ability of adding a test case to different suites is just to emphasize that to test a suite (often is a functionality) we need to pass a list of test cases.

Currently, as I understand, there is no way to copy bulk test cases from one suite to another, unless you write a tool by yourself.

Thanks, Ling
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:10 PM
  • Hi,

Linh is right, this is not supported currently. The only workaround is what you already mentioned in your post.

Friday, September 30, 2011 9:19 AM

All replies