none
Linking Windows Phone and Window 8

Question

• I have linked my Windows 8 and Windows Phone apps together in a new release and this has been approved.

How can I "see" this on the download page etc? I would like to see how this looks for the end users. But both in Windows Phone and Windows 8 there is no mention about the apps being linked.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:35 PM

All replies

• If you want to see how it will look to end users go to the app's page on windowsphone.com or in the Windows Store.

--Rob

Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:36 PM
  • As Rob said, you can simply look in the stores once the apps are live.

You will see a little icon in the store listing that is a phone overlapping a monitor/tablet. On the phone listing it's right next to the price, and on the 'Details' page it says 'Get once, download on compatible Windows devices too'. On Windows it's the same.

I noticed on my first linked apps that the icon didn't show up right away. This might be because it was linking two already existing apps or simply because the whole universal app idea was new at the time.

If your app is not yet in the store, you can look at my app listing by searching for 'Grogan' in the stores. I have some universal apps and some non-universal apps, so you can compare how they appear in the listing.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Friday, October 24, 2014 12:30 AM
  • I see it in the Windows 8 userpage, but not on Windows Phone.

Maybe it takes some time? (been 4 days)

Saturday, October 25, 2014 7:49 AM
  • Hi Panzertax,

The icons should only show on Windows 8.1 for both Store and Phone apps. Can you submit a support ticket so we can review your app listings if this is not true for what you are seeing?

Thanks!

-Jonathan

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Office Store Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:01 PM