Getting the tic tac toe example RRS feed

• Question

• Where do I get the entire Tic Tac Toe example mentioned in the SDK?

TIA
    Monday, October 2, 2006 8:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• It was part of the Activity SDK zip file, but I just downloaded the latest version here and it only contained a help file. You can try to search the internet for older zip files of the activity SDK...
    Tuesday, October 3, 2006 9:17 AM
  • I do not succeed in finding, me either, of acitivity sdk with an example. Are you sure that it really exists?
    Thursday, October 5, 2006 12:22 PM
  • Here it is, I zipped my messengerActivitySDK directory for you (excluding all my brilliant activity's of course ).  I'm sure I downloaded it once from a microsoft site including the sample, but I think they changed it over time. I think I downloaded it about a year ago...
    Thursday, October 5, 2006 2:46 PM
  •  J-Thread wrote:
    Here it is,

Wonderfull, thousand thanks!!

J-Thread wrote:
    I zipped my messengerActivitySDK directory for you (excluding all my brilliant activity's of course ).
    Why not to share your brilliant sources? :p

More seriously, I take advantage of it to ask you a question: how appears an activity? Is it an application which appears into the WLM window? Or that appears in Internet Explorer? Or other?

Thank you once again :D

R.P.
    Thursday, October 5, 2006 2:55 PM
  • I don't really get your question, but I think you want to know how the activity will be displayed. It will be displayed in the sidebar in a conversation window of Messenger, but it technically is just a webpage containing some scripts (and a few special functions). Messenger always uses Internet Explorer to display the activity's, so you can use code that only works in IE....
    Thursday, October 5, 2006 3:10 PM
  • Sorry for my very bad english. It's not my mother tongue. Nevertheless, you guessed what I wanted to ask, and you replied well. Thanks a lot.

But there is still something i don't understand. For example, the TicTacToe activity. I'd want to test it, i mean to play it with a friend to understand how to use an activity and understand the code sample. Well, how can i do this? We both (me and my friend) have WLM but i dont find any explanation of "how to use an activity". When i open the menu: "start an activity", i don't see any way to chose a file on my computer or something.

Thank you for your precious help.

R.P.
    Thursday, October 5, 2006 3:39 PM
  • English is my mother language either, funny to have a conversation in English then.

To test the activity, you and your friend both need an XML file called msgrp2p.xml in your Messenger directory. Please see the Testing an Activity page for more information.
    Thursday, October 5, 2006 8:46 PM
  • Ok, it works fine.

Thank you very much for your help!! :)

R.P.
    Friday, October 6, 2006 10:17 AM
  • No problem
    Friday, October 6, 2006 10:19 AM
  • Hi, I am also trying to find the TicTacToe example. the link u have posted has expired. Is there any chance you can share it again for me? Thanks!
    Thursday, October 19, 2006 4:25 AM
  • And here you go. I haven't got a good server to host it on at the moment, so if somebody would be so kind as to place the file on his website and post the link here? This link is again a temporal one, so you must download it within 7 days...
    Friday, October 20, 2006 9:35 AM
  • Gee. Thanks a lot! Been looking high and low for this.
    Monday, October 23, 2006 3:55 AM
  •  J-Thread wrote:
    And here you go. I haven't got a good server to host it on at the moment, so if somebody would be so kind as to place the file on his website and post the link here? This link is again a temporal one, so you must download it within 7 days...

Hi, the link You have posted has expired again!

Is there any chance you can share it again for me too or EMail to me( xjluo@126.com  )?thanks!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:51 AM
  •  Hi,J-Thread, would you like to send the Activity SDK zip file containing the Tic Tac Toe example to me?? Please help me!  Thanks!!

Email to zljtx2008@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 7, 2006 9:33 AM
  •  J-Thread wrote:
    And here you go. I haven't got a good server to host it on at the moment, so if somebody would be so kind as to place the file on his website and post the link here? This link is again a temporal one, so you must download it within 7 days...

Hi,J-Thread, The link has expired. Would you mind sending your messengerActivitySDK containing Tic Tac Toe  example? Please help me. It's very important for me to develop the activity.

Thank you very much!

email: zljtx2008@gmail.com

Monday, November 13, 2006 1:56 AM
  • Ok, I "borrowed" Juzzi's webspace, luckily he has got a forum with Attachement upload function

Monday, November 13, 2006 1:42 PM
  • ,thank you very much, That's just what I need.
    Tuesday, November 14, 2006 1:52 AM
  • i nedd help on my mini project..

Mini-Project of Tic –Tac-Toe

Create a class TicTacToe that enables you to write a program to play the game of tic –tac-toe.

The class contains as private data a 3-by-3 double array of integers. The constructor should initialise the empty board to all zeros.

Allow two players. Wherever the first player moves, place a ‘1’ or ‘X”  in the specified square; place a ‘2’ or ‘O’ wherever the second player moves. Each move must be an empty square. 

After each move determine if the game is won or if it is a draw. The program should indicate to the player to make the next move and announce win and draw to the player.

Exercise creativity and object oriented approach in your program design and you may add other data or member functions.  Also, you should make your program as friendly as possible to the users.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 6:31 AM