none
IoT / Raspberry Pi Boot Screen RRS feed

• Question

• I know that Microsoft probably want a boot logo that says Windows when an IoT device boots, but commercial customers will probably want to be able to put a static product logo on during the boot process.

Does Microsoft have plans to provide a path for this?  Perhaps permitting a customer screen with overlayed "Powered by Microsoft Windows" and spinner in a corner?

While current IoT stuff is more project focused, the big picture has to get companies on board with this and having customization options like this is important.

Saturday, July 11, 2015 3:19 AM

All replies

• This is easy to do.  I had to figure it out on my own, but it's basically just like full Windows..

Just go to PowerShell on your PC with the PI connected over some network.

Enter these commands...

1) Set-Item WSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value 169.254.168.135
    (this allows you to do a remote powershell connection, replace my IP with your RPI's IP of course for all this stuff)

2) Enter-PSSession -ComputerName 169.254.168.135 -Credential 169.254.168.135\Administrator
    (it might take a min, but you get prompted for a password, p@ssw0rd is the default for the Win IOT)

3) bcdedit /set quietboot on

4) bcdedit /set bootux Disabled

5) bcdedit /set bootuxdisabled on

6) exit
    (this ends the PowerShell session)

Then just reboot.  You can also change the image, if you like, but that's a different post ;)

EDIT: Like you, half my customers hate Microsoft (just because) so making this an embedded solution sans the logo is a requirement.  Let them roll once they learn the device they love runs Windows.  ...After they love it.  Not while it's booting.

• Edited by Untitled86 Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:37 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:35 AM
  • Hello

I found no post about logo image change, do you have any suggestion or where can I find instructions ? 

Thursday, January 21, 2016 7:09 AM
  • You said the same on the raspberry forum but there is no other post, at least I can't find it.
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 2:16 PM