none
Custom List Display Form- Bad Encoding

Question

• I have a basic custom list on SP13.  I created a custom display form to change the look of how the data is displayed.  However, the encoding is wrong on the custom form, as you can see in the snippet below where there are supposed to be apostrophes:

I tried to change the encoding via the xsl:output tag in the form's code, but it had no effect.  Anyone know the fix for this?

Friday, December 9, 2016 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi gsmith- could you provide a screen shot? How/where are you adding that text?

cameron rautmann

Friday, December 9, 2016 4:25 PM
  • Hi gsmith140,

According to your description, the form renders the apostrophe (') as “'”

For this issue, please try to return the field as “Rich text” type instead of "Plain Text" type, it would render apostrophe correctly.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 12, 2016 10:18 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion Linda, but doing that actually made it worse.  Now it displays div tags at the beginning and end of the text in addition to the apostrophe code.
    Monday, December 12, 2016 3:55 PM
  • Hi gsmith140,

As a workaround, you could create a Xml file to store HTML, then use the Rich Text control and bind the result from the Xml file.

For more information, please refer to the following article:

http://johnliu.net/blog/2011/5/30/infopath-2010-embed-html-for-rich-and-web-forms.html

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 16, 2016 2:57 AM