none
Cant re-register server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

My main hard drive started dying couple days back and i've my server Running on a new HD, but im having issues with azure backup agent.
    When i try to register the server (name alias on domain), i get this error 

"A ativação não foi concluída com êxito. Microsoft Azure Backup encountered an internal error. Wait for a few minutes and then try the operation again. If the issue persists, please contact Microsoft support."
    The vault credentials are from today, the passphrase i was absolutely sure it was right, even more cause i had the file saved, but for troubleshooting i´ve already gone and changed new passphrase using OLD faulty hard drive, and i still get the same error. Any ideias?
    I can not delete the resource vault, i got almost 2 years backup and i cant lose that. Why else would i pay azure if losing my backups was an option.

• Edited by GMNnefro Wednesday, September 4, 2019 3:44 PM
    Monday, September 2, 2019 7:07 PM

All replies

• For this particular error "A ativação não foi concluída com êxito" we've troubleshooting guidelines mentioned in this link - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-azure-mars-troubleshoot#the-activation-did-not-complete-successfully that should help resolving this issue. If those suggestions doesn't help, try registering this server to another vault or navigate to the vault Dashboard -> Settings -> Backup Infrastructure, review the Management Servers and delete this server's registration to register again with the same Vault. 

Feel free to write back if you need further assistance on this issue.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 9:52 AM
  • Hello again
    i followed all the guidelines mentioned above before you said it so, i did research the issue.
    None of it worked.
    I can join this server to a new vault, but, for example if i need to recover anything from the old vault, i cant cause the server is not on the same vault (how amazing is that)

If i cant solve this issue, azure is useless. Again why am i paying for a backup tool that makes me loose all my backup after a crash, whats the point

Felipe Magalhães

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 8:06 PM
  • Sorry for the inconvenience caused! Do you have the ability to open a technical Support ticket? If not, can you email me at AzCommunity[@]Microsoft dot com and provide me with your SubscriptionID and link to this thread? I can enable one for you to engage technical support team professional to help you further in this matter.
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 6:20 AM
  • Hello Felipe, sincere apologies for the sub par experience. As a followup, I've shared your feedback with the feature owner for further review.

More Importantly, Would like to connect with you via email or phone to see how we can make this better going forward. Kindly send mail to AzCommunity@Microsoft.com, include a link to this thread (for context) and we will gladly engage. 

Thanks for being a valued customer.

Cheers.

Femsulu

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:06 PM