none
The "FindRibbons" task could not be loaded from the assembly Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.BuildTasks, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a. Confirm that the <UsingTask>... - Is there a way to get rid of this error? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a machine with both Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 installed. Earlier I was having only Visual Studio 2010 on my machine and I was able to build my VSTO Add-In successfully. But after I installed Visual Studio 2013 Update 3, I am not able to build my Add-In at all. I get this error always:

The "FindRibbons" task could not be loaded from the assembly Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.BuildTasks, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.

I searched about this and someone suggested to update "Version=10.0.0.0" in Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.targets file (Location in x64: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\OfficeTools) to "Version=12.0.0.0". I tried this, but it didn't worked for me. I tried reinstalling VSTO 2010 and Visual Studio 2010 as well. But nothing worked. Is there a way to get rid of this error or I should uninstall Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

Prasad

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 6:38 PM

All replies

• Hello Prasad,

Try to install Update 4 for VS2013 :)

Did you try to create a new add-in in Visual Studio 2010? Does it work without errors?

If not, I'd recommend re-installing or repairing VS2010 on the machine. Hope it helps.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 7:03 PM
  • Hi Eugene,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I tried creating a new Add-In and that also failed.

I have not tried installing Update 4 for VS2013 which I can try and confirm.

Thanks

Prasad

Thursday, July 16, 2015 4:05 AM
  • Hi Prasad,

Did install update 4 for VS2013 work for you? Did you open your project under VS2010 or VS2013 get this error? I suggest you try to uninstall all versions of Visual Studio, then install them back in ascending order (VS2013 with Update4).

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 20, 2015 6:49 AM