Azure Devops Build Pipelines - How to include XAML task in the build agent? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am creating a new Azure Devops Build pipeline where i already have TFS XAML builds in place, i am looking for relevant task to invoke the already built XAML builds, but when i search over tasks over AzureDevops server i do see tasks as MSBuild, PowerShell, Maven and many more but i don't see any task to invoke XAML.

Can someone please help me as how this can be achieved?

Also looking at the existing XAML build i realized that it invokes Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.TfsBuild as the core task and rest all are supporting tasks, hence in case if whole XAML can't be invoked, is there a way to invoke TfsBuild in Azure Devops Build pipelines?

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 9:27 AM

All replies

• Here are the steps to migrate from XAML builds to newer builds:

If you're using a private TFS server, set up agents to run your builds.

To get familiar with the new build system, create a "Hello world" build pipeline.

Create a new build pipeline intended to replace one of your XAML build pipelines.

Create a new build pipeline.

Port your XAML settings.

On the General tab, disable the XAML build pipeline.

Repeat the previous two steps for each of your XAML build pipelines.

Take advantage of new build features and learn more about the kinds of apps you can build.

Learn how to customize, and if necessary extend your system.

When you no longer need the history and artifacts from your XAML builds, delete the XAML builds, and then the XAML build pipelines.

Warning

After you delete the XAML builds and pipelines, you cannot get them back.

Create new build pipelines
    If you're building a standard .NET app, you're probably using one of the out-of-the-box build templates such as TfvcTemplate.12.xaml or GitTemplate.12.xaml. In this case, it will probably just take you a few clicks to create build pipelines in the new build system.

Open your project in your web browser ▼

Browse to project
    (If you don't see your project listed on the home page, select Browse.)

On-premises TFS: http://{your_server}:8080/tfs/DefaultCollection/{your_project}
    Azure Pipelines: https://dev.azure.com/{your_organization}/{your_project}
    The TFS URL doesn't work for me. How can I get the correct URL?

Create a build pipeline (Pipelines tab > Builds) ▼

Build tab
    Select a template to add commonly used tasks to your build pipeline.
    Make any necessary changes to your build pipeline to replicate your XAML build pipeline. The tasks added by the template should simply work in many cases. But if you changed process parameters or other settings in your XAML build pipelines, below are some pointers to get you started replicating those changes.
    Wednesday, August 12, 2020 10:44 AM
  • Hi i.m.sassh,

Our forum is about using msbuild tool on local environment, we suggest you could redirect to stack overflow with azure devops tag, and start a new thread there. The community members will provide dedicated support with you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 13, 2020 6:23 AM