Web access demystification please RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello everybody! Can someone just explain me one thing because of which we will or will not implement Azure Stack. We need Web-access to consoles of VM's from different OS's/platforms/browsers. Will new System Center with Azure Stack support this without IE, ActiveX, Silverlight, RDP, etc at last? What about HTML5 and heterogeneous access which promised so long? Or maybe someone knows a good documentation about this aspect? I really hope for answers. Sincerely, Eugene
    • Changed type Eugene_Spb Monday, February 29, 2016 9:23 AM Its general question
    Monday, February 29, 2016 9:18 AM

All replies

• Thanks for reaching out Eugene. We are exploring the appropriate way to solve this problem. To give you some more context, it would be useful to understand how the console access works in Hyper-V. The console of a VM is accessed via the Hyper-V host via RDP which offers it up to the customer. I am simplifying here, but that is the gist of how it works. That is how it worked in Windows Azure Pack/System Center and Windows Server.

Azure has announced capabilities for this scenario. While not exactly a console, it should suffice. Appreciate your feedback on this. Azure Stack aims to bring Azure into your datacenters, so when we tackle this, it will be along the lines of how we solve it in Azure.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 6:05 PM
  • Hello, Vijayte! First of all want to thank you for the answer. The fact that I have very long been engaged in that particular engineering challenge -  to provide access to the VMs of our university's laboratory. We have alternative solution on XEN (not even Citrix) and we tryed to adopt MS solutions from very begining versions of System Center and even Virtual Server much earlier. But all these years i heard that MSFT "exploring the appropriate way to solve this problem". It upsets. Why we have to use just rdp and ssh in 21 centure, when all around speaks about "cloud-cloud-connect-from-everywhere-from-any-device". I know you are doing a great job but personally for us it's not interested about all the new features of new Azure without subj, unfortunately. Sincerely, Eugene
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:39 PM