need help for uninstalling. RRS feed

• Question

• if I uninstall vs 2015 it will affect vs 2017? because I have 2 visual studio and I want to remove the 2015 because I already have a vs 17. I just want to make sure before doing anything.
    thanks in advance.
    Friday, March 24, 2017 12:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Mac Jasrel,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

>> if I uninstall vs 2015 it will affect vs 2017?

No, not affect.

And this is how to uninstall VS 2015:

Open Control Panel->Programs and Features->choose the product edition that you want to uninstall->choose Change->in the setup wizard, choose Uninstall->Yes

Best Regards,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Oscar_Wu Friday, March 24, 2017 12:45 PM
    Friday, March 24, 2017 6:10 AM
  • Hi Mac Jasrel,

Oscar provided the correct answer for this issue, you could uninstall the VS2015 freely in your side.

They are all totally separate and so removing one shouldn't hurt the others, I did it before in my side.

Anyway, if this issue was resolved, you could mark helpful replies as the answer, so we could close this case for you.

If you have any VS IDE usage issue, feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:12 AM