Write Counts Based on Multiple Colums Filtering to Secondary List RRS feed

• Question

• I have a List with three columns and associated data:

Type Employee (LookUp)       Role                       Peformance Level

Civilian                                    Engineer                            1
    Contractor                              Technician                          2
                                                                                            3

Is there a way  I can write combinations of that data on a monthly basis for historical tacking to another list? IE:

Jan - 2012  Civ Eng 1 = 12,   Civ Tech 1 = 22, Civ Eng 2 =33,  Civ Tech 2 = 5, Cont Eng 1 = 3, etc.
    Feb - 2012 Civ Eng 1 = 12,   Civ Tech 1 - 20, Civ Eng 2 -24, Civ Tech 2 = 5, Cont Eng 1 = 3, etc.

I want to be able to graph these amounts over time and the data is maintained in a seperate list. Other then entering those values into another table is there a way of doing this if at all possible without creating concatenated columns and adding to the List size?

n
    • Edited by GregC72 Friday, February 17, 2012 1:31 PM
    Friday, February 17, 2012 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hello Greg ,

Thank you for the post. You can use list view with grouping and filtering with the combination of calculated columns. You may have to frame the logic according to your requirement. Here are some references to the calculated field formulas http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb862071(v=office.12).aspx. However, this will add up to the list size as you might need to add more columns and the list view is limited to single list.  If you would like to generate a summary report based on a list, you will have to write a custom/console application with the logic to manipulate and write the data to a new list.

Regards,
    Manas Biswas
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 5:14 AM