none
IDE Error while updating Reports/Reportviewer in VS 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I keep getting IDE error while working with Reportviewer in Visual Studio 2015.

I am using Reportviewer on Windows Form. 

Frequently get the below error whenever I try to save the Form after making changes.

"The control Microsoft.reporting.winforms.reportviewer has thrown an unhandled exception in the designer and has been disabled.

Exception

Cannot access a disposed object

Object name RVSpiltcontainer"

have to close the Form & re-try the same again. Finding is pretty irritating.

Kindly help on the same

Regards,

Vishal

Monday, February 22, 2016 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Vishal,

Since this issue is related to the Reportviewer, I help you move this case to the Visual Studio Report Controls forum for dedicated support.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Dear Jack,

thanks for going through my question.

its not exactly Reportviewer problem. In fact same same problem creeps up while changing Columns in DataGridView also.

Get below message

"An error was encountered during the code generation. The changes you have made in the designer have not been committed to the source code. It is recommended that you close and re-open the source file.

The error message follows:

Value does not fall within the expected range."

Apepars an IDE problem. Rather surprised that others are not encountering the same.

Regards,

Vishal

• Edited by Compvishal Tuesday, February 23, 2016 6:01 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:53 AM
  • Hi!

I gathered this is a standard bug in VS 2015 with fix available on https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/mt634751(VS.140).asp. However when I am trying to install the same getting error message 

"KB3110221 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer"

pl assist.

Vishal

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:08 AM
  • Putting the ReportViewer inside a Panel, and not directly inside the Splitcontainer, seems to solve the problem. 
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:32 PM