none
friend i am install sql server 2008 r2 in my laptop

Question

• friend i am install sql server 2008 r2 in my laptop 

but this is not installing in my laptop. this message is display in the screen

TITLE: SQL Server Setup failure.

------------------------------

SQL Server Setup has encountered the following error:

The action type 'ExecuteWorkflowAction' is not valid for the WorkflowIdentity element.  The only valid action type is ExecuteWorkflowAction.

Error code 0x84B20001.

BUTTONS:

OK

please help me i am waiting your answer

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:34 PM

All replies

• Try to download fresh setup,your media is corrupted.Keep in local drives.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/298ddafb-47f4-4249-89ce-2ec946b7f22f/executeworkflowaction-error-while-installing-sql-server-2012?forum=sqlsetupandupgrade

Please Mark it as Answered if it answered your question OR mark it as Helpful if it help you to solve your problem.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:21 PM
  • Hi mallikarjunareddy,

Could you please tell me how did you get the installation media? You can first check the digital signatures of the installation media, if the digital signatures are not true, please download it again. If it does not have a digital signature, please download the media again and compare the MD5 of these two medias.

Please copy the installation media to C disk, if it is a .iso-file, you can extract it first and then install. Then use admin account to run the setup.exe file.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:54 AM