Purpose of Export button in Publish to Microsoft Azure App Service from Visual Studio 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1849651236 posted

Hello,

I am using Visual Studio 2017 Community and a DreamSpark student Azure account to follow this tutorial.

My Create App Service dialog screen is different than the one in the tutorial, mine has an Export button.  It looks like this:

When I get to the step to "Tap Create on the Create App Service dialog", it processes for a while and then gives a series of error messages.

If I close that error screen(which is my only option), I am returned to the Create App Service screen and the only thing I can do is Export, Create or Cancel.

Since I get the same error if I click Create again, my only option is to Cancel.

The problem is, once I click Cancel, it loses all of the settings that I have entered and I have to reenter them again if I want to do another create.

I tried using the Export button before clicking Create and saved a file in the default "json" format, but I don't know how to use that file.

Does anybody know what the purpose of the Export button is on the Create App Service screen?

I tried to Google an answer and could not find anything.

Also, Does anyone know how to save my publish settings before clicking Create?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks, Tony

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:11 AM

Answers

• User-1849651236 posted

I found the answer to my question here.

Thanks,
    Tony

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 2:56 AM