What is the best way to use big data with SQL? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1190159629 posted

Hello. I am begginer, so if i have written mistakes - excuse me.

I wan to select \ write \ read \ delete \ change colums, rows in table, will be a big size data for web and win application.

Which of best way can you recommend with using c# language

1) Sql server or sqllite or mongoDB or some other

2) how to use data information cut big data for little parts and do the search in multiThreads, or what the best way for work.

3) What the best dessiccion for 1 part request like for stores and netWork rpg Game multi Online world?

Need some help in this questions…

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 11:18 PM

All replies

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

For big data definitely not sqllite. Either go for SQL Server or for CosmosDB (Azure) or MongoDB or another flavor which is best for your specific needs. Do some investigation up front for this.

2) how to use data information cut big data for little parts and do the search in multiThreads, or what the best way for work.

Could you rephrase that question? Not really sure what you want to do here.

3) What the best dessiccion for 1 part request like for stores and netWork rpg Game multi Online world?

For a worldwide multiplayer you need something which is distributed to keep latency worldwide down. Microsoft does this by using CosmosDB for example.

Kris.

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:26 AM
  • User-1190159629 posted

I am sorry for mistake, it's not a first and main language, if i have written some worst, please ask it to me and i will reWrite this text.

XIII

codingDays

For big data definitely not sqllite. Either go for SQL Server or for CosmosDB (Azure) or MongoDB or another flavor which is best for your specific needs. Do some investigation up front for this.

What can u tell me about PostregresDB with compile to Server SQL with MongoDB - i am looking for free period for growing up start up, starter. Does the azure can give to me free time period for use server SQL? I have read that can use for free service for 12 month, is it true? or i can use the service only for first month? I have planned to create the store more than 50 000 pages of categories\products\tags\pages with login system, and try to find the best way to work with the big data sizes. I am beginner in developing, i have skills only in css\html and c# more than 3 month learning so it's difficalt to decide which of DB to use.

XIII

codingDays

Could you rephrase that question? Not really sure what you want to do here.

ok, for first, if i choose ms server sql dataBase.. What the vest way to send queries and accept rezults  for LINQ, select\insert\edit\delete - queries for every table. example: will i have 50 000 strings of data, i must cut for 50 tables parts for 1000 strings and do the 1 query  LINQ, select\insert\edit\delete  or can use additional comand or better code to get and put data from\to DB? (some people give to me advice use asynchron commant to get and put multi data to DB, don't use multithread that can invoke drop down the server - is it true? how to do fast queries to get information, put in db with huge online visitors, example more than 10 or 100 or 1000 visitors up to 10 minutes, how it will be with a lot of queries to DB. Once my experiance with wordPress sqlite data base with more than 30 000 simple pages and little count of visitors load to slow pages, some times uploading one page was up to 10-20 seconds --- with simple 3 000 symb text and 1 picture)

Can i use 12 month for free server sql dataBase like a beginner Start up project? If not what can u reccoment for me to choose from other DB?

CosmosDB - is good, but i am at start of success way, and don't have a lot of money to support the project  with finances, so thank u for good advices, but i must search the cheapest or free decides.

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 2:38 PM
  • User288213138 posted

Hi codingDays,

Sql server and mongodb have their own advantages and disadvantages, you can decide which one to use by reading the following article.

https://www.mongodb.com/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-2019

I have read that can use for free service for 12 month, is it true? or i can use the service only for first month?

If you create a new account, you will get 12 months of free access to Azure SQL Database .

ok, for first, if i choose ms server sql dataBase.. What the vest way to send queries and accept rezults  for LINQ, select\insert\edit\delete - queries for every table. example: will i have 50 000 strings of data, i must cut for 50 tables parts for 1000 strings and do the 1 query  LINQ, select\insert\edit\delete  or can use additional comand or better code to get and put data from\to DB? (some people give to me advice use asynchron commant to get and put multi data to DB, don't use multithread that can invoke drop down the server - is it true? how to do fast queries to get information, put in db with huge online visitors, example more than 10 or 100 or 1000 visitors up to 10 minutes, how it will be with a lot of queries to DB. Once my experiance with wordPress sqlite data base with more than 30 000 simple pages and little count of visitors load to slow pages, some times uploading one page was up to 10-20 seconds --- with simple 3 000 symb text and 1 picture)

I think there is no best way, but you can go to Optimize Data Access based on your own code.

Best regards,

Sam

Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:08 AM