Dynamic control docking RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

can anyone tell me if VS 2005 Beta 2 contains a control that will allow me to dock a user control / form? I'm interested in getting the sliding docking feature found in VS 2003 / 2005; the one where you can pin a panel if required (ala Toolbox, Server Explorer etc).

Thanks for your help

Graham
    Tuesday, May 31, 2005 3:03 PM

Answers

• There is no support for docking windows in Windows Forms 2.0.  We do have a sample internally that mimics the Visual Studio 2005 docking windows implementation.  This sample will be posted to the MSDN smart client dev cetner before Visual Studio 2005 ships.

- mike
    Tuesday, May 31, 2005 5:44 PM

All replies

• There is no support for docking windows in Windows Forms 2.0.  We do have a sample internally that mimics the Visual Studio 2005 docking windows implementation.  This sample will be posted to the MSDN smart client dev cetner before Visual Studio 2005 ships.

- mike
    Tuesday, May 31, 2005 5:44 PM
  • Thanks Mike, I look forward to see the articleSmile
    Wednesday, June 1, 2005 7:23 AM
  • In the meantime, check this out. I'm using it to some degree in a VS 2005 Beta 2 app and it works. Check out the forum on the same page as there is at least one bug. Fortunately a simple fix is presented in the forums.
    Strange that docking panel is not standard control.
    Enjoy.
    Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:54 AM
  • Hi, I've been looking around in the Smart Client and Windows Forms dev centers and still couldn't find out your docking sample... Any news on that?

Moreover, I would be extremely interested by the second nature of those standard docking controls: Multi Tab Child Forms!

Thanks

Amadrias
    Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:24 PM
  • I can't see what you meant in your post?... Could you please resend it or be more explicit?

Thanks
    Sunday, November 13, 2005 1:23 AM
  • Sorry to bring to life this old thread, but was this sample referred to ever posted. I have searched but found nothing.
    Monday, November 21, 2005 2:39 AM
  • Hey Mike, any news on this sample?...
    Thursday, December 1, 2005 1:23 PM
  • hi Mike,

Is the Dynamic Docking Control sample included somewhere? if so could you please let us know the location.

thanks

Sesh

Thursday, November 9, 2006 2:52 AM