none
DB2 Adapter - SQLCode -7008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using the Host Integration Server DB2 Adapter to insert into 2 tables.  Each table has it's own XML schema defined and two seperate insert statements are sent.  I am getting the following errors when I attempt the inserts. 

Table 1 Insert - "<tablename>  ?<schema name>   ?3 in *N not valid for operation.  SQLSTATE: 55019  SQLCODE: -7008 

(where <tablename> and <schema name> contain the actual values for the insert.)

Table 2 Insert - The parameter value for parameter 1 could not be converted to a native data type.

I've done some research on the problem and I haven't found a solution.  Can someone guide me in the right direction on how to go about solving the problem.  Is there some type of logging I can turn on from HIS or Biztalk to see the Insert statements being sent? 

Thanks

Friday, October 14, 2011 5:26 PM

Answers

• With DB2 the best thing I have found is to open the DB2 tool like iSeries Navigator and build what you think the insert statement is and then test it against the database. This should give you the same error. I would look for a column where a type conversion is taking place.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 3:40 PM

All replies

• With DB2 the best thing I have found is to open the DB2 tool like iSeries Navigator and build what you think the insert statement is and then test it against the database. This should give you the same error. I would look for a column where a type conversion is taking place.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 3:40 PM
  • I had the same issue, but I managed to get update to work when I added 'With None' to end of the statement. for example 

Update Product set Name = 'Test' where ProductType = 'A'

to be changed to 

Update Product set Name = 'Test' where ProductType = 'A' WITH NONE

• Proposed as answer by CSlackman Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:02 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 2:31 AM
  • I can't believe it, but it worked for me too!  I struggled with an sql statement for hours yesterday, and with just 2 words added to the end it worked perfectly!  Adipa: thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:02 PM