Anable to use PageNumber value for Hidden condition on footer on Word Format RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I have to do some show hide text into Footer.

In My report footer some text have to visible but only 1st page other page it should be hide.

For that My Code Is :

IIF(Globals!RenderFormat.Name = "WORDOPENXML",

IIF(Globals!PageNumber =1, False, True)

, False)

Problem is with Globals!PageNumber, This value is always shown 1 if i render report in Word format.But it works fine  in report builder and for PDF. 

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Priyanka,

In Reporting Services Word renderer, when a page footer or page header contains a complex expression that evaluates to different values on different pages of a report, the same value might display on all report pages. Please refer to this article: Exporting to Microsoft Word. So that the visibility condition with IIF() function will not work in Word renderer.

For this issue, you can submit a feedback to Microsoft to get a workaround at this link: https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 12, 2016 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hi There,

I have to do some show hide text into Footer.

In My report footer some text have to visible but only 1st page other page it should be hide.

For that My Code Is :

IIF(Globals!RenderFormat.Name = "WORDOPENXML",

IIF(Globals!PageNumber =1, False, True)

, False)

Problem is with Globals!PageNumber, This value is always shown 1 if i render report in Word format.But it works fine  in report builder and for PDF. 

Can you try setting the PrintOnFirstPage  property for it instead?

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:54 AM
  • Hi Priyanka,

In Reporting Services Word renderer, when a page footer or page header contains a complex expression that evaluates to different values on different pages of a report, the same value might display on all report pages. Please refer to this article: Exporting to Microsoft Word. So that the visibility condition with IIF() function will not work in Word renderer.

For this issue, you can submit a feedback to Microsoft to get a workaround at this link: https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 12, 2016 8:58 AM