none
Pipeline is creating Blank Message when message received over HTTP AS2. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am receiving the EDI message over AS2 HTTP and apart converting EDI to xml pipeline also creates a blank message which creates one more orchestration instance. Has anyone faced a similar situation ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:31 PM

Answers

• Hi BIztalk SOA,

This is a know problem with EDI Receive when trying to send messages using the http Adapter.I worked with microsoft and had a solution.I was following the same approach and had a tough time to grab hold of the extra blank message.

1.You have to write a custom Receive pipeline of stage any( not disassembler).

2.In the execute method of the pipeline promote 2 properties

3.The property "RouteDirecttoTP" to False and "CorrelationToken" to nothing.

4.only if IsAS2Http2000KResponse is True.

The blank message will have the proeprties different than your original message.So the Point 4 property  will have only for the empty message where the RotueDirectToTP will kill the isolated adapter if not set to false and emptying the correlation will make the message subscribe to no orchestration or port.

5.Have a ghost orch in your application or a send port to subscribe to the empty message based on EdiIntAs.IsAS2Http2000KResponse is True this property.

Try and Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.....

SPN

Friday, August 6, 2010 7:03 PM

All replies

• Can you confirm if the blank message is being created by the asynchronous MDN?  Check the subscription filters on your AS2 ports and filter the message type within the ports. The EdiIntAS.IsAs2PayloadMessage property might be helpful.

EdiAS.ISAS2PayloadMessage == true

Monday, August 2, 2010 2:36 PM
  • Hi Belinda,

Thank you for your reply. I am having synchronous MDN configuration so these messages are not configured using async MDN. How to check the subscription filter on the Receive Ports. I could see filters on the Send Ports but not on the receive ports. And I am not using orchestration. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 2:33 PM
  • Hi BIztalk SOA,

This is a know problem with EDI Receive when trying to send messages using the http Adapter.I worked with microsoft and had a solution.I was following the same approach and had a tough time to grab hold of the extra blank message.

1.You have to write a custom Receive pipeline of stage any( not disassembler).

2.In the execute method of the pipeline promote 2 properties

3.The property "RouteDirecttoTP" to False and "CorrelationToken" to nothing.

4.only if IsAS2Http2000KResponse is True.

The blank message will have the proeprties different than your original message.So the Point 4 property  will have only for the empty message where the RotueDirectToTP will kill the isolated adapter if not set to false and emptying the correlation will make the message subscribe to no orchestration or port.

5.Have a ghost orch in your application or a send port to subscribe to the empty message based on EdiIntAs.IsAS2Http2000KResponse is True this property.

Try and Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.....

SPN

Friday, August 6, 2010 7:03 PM
  • Hi

I am getting Same error Empty message without message type when i try to receive Data using Http and trying to Parse it through EDI Pipeline . Any help i really appreciate it.I tried custom pipeline try to change the value or

The property "RouteDirecttoTP" to False and "CorrelationToken" to nothing. in the decode stage itself . no use .

Any help figured it out . thanks for in advance

Rameshkumar

Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:02 PM
  • Hi Ramesh,

Have you subscribed the zombie message to a send port or directing it to message box.????

This is step 5 from my previous post.

Thanks... SPN
    Friday, March 25, 2011 5:00 AM
  • Thanks ... SPN

Instead of custom component, i created sendport added following filter it worked for me

BTS.ReceivePortName == RP_Twoway_HTTP  And

EdiIntAS.IsAS2Http200OKResponse == true

Still Thanks for your Great help

Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:21 PM